Benefits of attending the course
After the course, participants will be able to:
• Has a basic concept of finite volume method; master the essential Linux commands and common functions of OpenFOAM software.
• Knowledge of how to model and track results
• Mastering how to handle the results after the simulation
• Understand the sequence of basic CFD simulation problem creation
For all subjects wishing to calculate and simulate fluid using OpenFOAM software
• Course type: online and offline.
• Lecturer in charge: Team with many years of experience working in the field of CFD simulation.
• Duration: 30 hours
• Learning materials provided during learning.
• Program setting
• 3D modeling software
• Grid-sharing software
• The calculation application of CFD
• Advantages and disadvantages compared to experiments
Fluid mechanics theory and grid standards
• Introduce the Navier-Stock equation
• Introduction of finite volume method
• Types of nets supported
• Grid standards
• Automatic meshing with snappyHexMesh in OpenFOAM
Calculate and simulate
• Choose the calculation model
• Fluid material specifications
• Establish boundary conditions (BCs)
• View results and process simulation results
The puppet line pattern
• Introduction of puppet models
• LES, RANS are popular in industry.
• Methods of selecting tangled models.
• Tracking converges on points and faces
Modeling some practical cases
• Heat Transfer.
• Current through rotor or turbine.
• Multi-phase current.